IMA 2019 Conference - Gratitude for Veterans
Your letter will be distributed to a military veteran. These personal letters of support are a great way to let our veterans know value their service and sacrifice.
Your support and gratitude are important because it will positively impact the well-being of someone who has served our country. This is a simple yet powerful way to actively support our veterans.
These are the instructions for Gratitude for Military Veterans. Questions? Email us at email@example.com
1. Complete the gratitude practice included in your KyndKit.
2. Write Your Letter
Included materials used for this step:
- Folded white card and matching envelope
- Decorate the enclosed card and envelope.
- Write your letter.
- Start with a salutation, such as “Dear Hero”
- Express your thanks for their service.
- Do not include a date on the letter.
- Avoid politics completely and religion in excess.
- Share a little about yourself: family, hobbies, work, school, pets, travel.
- Talk about life and interests: sports, weather, music, movies, food, books.
- Adults: Include your contact information if you want.
- Children: FIRST NAMES ONLY and no addresses, please.
3. Delivery Options
- Complete the kit at the conference and leave it at the KyndHub booth. We will deliver them in bulk.
- Mail or give your card to someone you know has served or mail it to a local military base to be distributed.
4. Go Back to Your Gratitude Exercise
- Write down any additional gratitude you now feel.
- Go to the first prompt "someone you are grateful for".
- Fill out your included Kynd Card and give it to that person.
- Now you've done an act of kyndness, too!
5. Share It
|Gratitude Practice Sheet|
|Group Leader Instructions|
Thank you for practicing kyndfulness with us again!