Sight Word Flash Cards (August)
We have partnered with TutorMate, a national, virtual reading tutoring company. The sight word flash cards will be delivered to TutorMate who will deliver them to the schools in the most need around the country.
A first-grader has a small reading gap, and reaching them early is proven to be the most effective way to improve their reading. TutortMate will distribute your flashcards to students who need them most!
These are the instructions for Sight Word Flash Cards. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Complete the gratitude practice included in your KyndKit.
2. Create and Decorate the Flashcards
Included materials used for this step:
- List of sight words (download or view here)
- Index Cards
- Write one sight word per index card provided.
- Use large, legible letters.
- Decorate the cards with colors, pictures, or stickers that represent the word on the card!
- Make sure the words are legible.
- Do not use cursive.
- Decorate the cards so that they are engaging.
- Do not use any words that are not provided in the "sight words" list.
- Underline portions of words on the flashcards if they are underlined on the "sight words" list.
3. Send Your Cards
- Get your shipping label from us (no charge) HERE. We will collect the cards and deliver them to Tutor Mate for use with their students.
4. Go Back to Your Gratitude Exercise
- Write down any additional gratitude you now feel.
- Go to the first prompt "someone you are grateful for".
- Fill out your included Kynd Card and give it to that person.
- Now you've done an act of kyndness, too!
5. Share It
|Gratitude Practice Sheet|
|Group Leader Instructions|
Thank you for practicing kyndfulness with us again!